Monday, October 12, 2009

The End

I always hated "endless" blogs - you know, you find a cool blog, read through all the archives, then notice that the most recent post was several months ago. Then the uncertainty: will the writer post again? Are they on a break, or gone for good?

I'm not deluded enough to believe this blog has followers who are so passionate, but in any case here it is: the end. I'm calling it quits officially.

What to end with? A simple reflection, I suppose: I started this blog, the Hungarian Experiment, four years ago when I first arrived in Hungary. I'm four years older, four years more experienced in teaching, four years more fluent in Hungarian, and with four years more knowledge about Hungary. None of these things will cease to grow or expand; I'm not going anywhere. But the experimental stage of living in Hungary is over for me. So I'm calling the experiment off, and I'm calling it a success. Thanks for reading.

Edited in April, 2013 to add: my current Hungarian adventures are now part of a new blog.

19 comments:

zhaoman said...

I'll miss your posts!
Hope see you soon in Szolnok!

Christie said...

i liked reading. thanks!

Industrial Dysfunction said...

Thanks Emily. I picked up your blog before moving out here last year and I've enjoyed your posts. Best wishes for the future.

JonClark said...

I liked reading too. See you around...

Rachel said...

I liked reading your blog as well.

Jason Blum said...

I taught in Hungary years ago and just pull your and other teachers' feeds into Google Reader for an occasional dose of nostalgia - so thanks for sharing and good luck!

Brad Tarisznyas said...

Thanks for the effort of maintaining this blog. Was great reading.

CS said...

Thanks for writing Emily!! We missed you last weekend - hopefully you can get out here before I take off!!!

Brieggy said...

I will miss this blog! much like I miss you!

jeremy said...

veto.

Unknown said...

Emily, I read your blog faithfully, and recognised so many of your experiences in school. I had the same stuff. I'll miss the blog -- a lot. Thanks.

StromnessDundee said...

I really liked your blog too. Now life in Hungary is not such an experiment- how about another one with a different title?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PoLo said...

oh just... when I started to reading you :(

自己 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
真;ˋ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
888 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.