Thursday, September 29, 2005

Some cheese with that weekend plans?

Oh yikes, plans and more plans. I’ve just spent the last hour, literally, trying to plan out this weekend. My final conclusion: IT SUCKS BEING BROKE!! Wow, and the first thing I thought after writing that sentence was, “hm, interesting grammatical structure.” What have I become?
So everyone is getting together in Nyíregyháza this weekend. It’s going to be great. I will be here. Broke and sad.
Okay, it’s not as terrible as I make it sound. Ros is coming to Szolnok, and we’ll hang out, probably with Ági, and go shopping and have a girly good time. And I know it’ll be fun. And I know that in the long run, I’ll get to see Jenna & Yerik later. And that I will be glad that I saved my money for something else (like Transylvania. Or that pesky $1500 I still owe Hajni). But my inner teenage girl hates that there’s a party going on, and I won’t be there.
I also feel awful because when Jenna called, (as Ros and I were IM-ing, trying to plan) she was so sincere and inviting that I got caught up and said I would come, before crashing back down after looking at prices. So I had to call Yerik back and tell him I couldn’t go. Oh, painful. I feel like I let them down. Also like now, I have no right to invite people here next weekend. I want them to come, but I don’t feel like I have the right to ask, when I’ve been so wishy-washy and petty about my plans to visit others.

No comments: