Thursday, September 01, 2005

continued boredom and intoxication

Uuggghh, I am so tired. I guess I haven’t been sleeping so well. That, plus the fact that Chad and I are having our own little descent into drunkenness each and every night since we’ve been here... yeah, I think I need to stop.
Wait, so I didn’t write at all yesterday? Oh, I don’t know what there is to say; one day is the same, and the evenings have a similar ring too. Yesterday, I did much of nothing all day. Watched soaps on TV. Got bored and SMS-ed people. Janos called me back and we talked for a while. He’s teaching the same grrades as I am, I think. I walked down to the Lidl. At 5, the school had it’s opening ceremony, which was mercifully short (a half hour only). I say mercifully because it was sunny and hot, we were standing, and I had to wear heels. The good part of the whole thing was that I got to use the internet a bit and, even better, Kati talked to András, the school’s computer teacher, and I think maybe next week I’ll be getting internet here. It’ll be about 7000 - 8000Ft a month, but Mum said she would pay for half. So that’ll be good. I hate being out of touch with people, with the world.
I made dinner here and Chad came over; and somehow one bottle of wine and two beers later, we ended up draped over the living room, semi-passed-out. It was ungraceful, to say the least. After coffees (several each) and a little walk, we both agreed that maybe we should limit ourselves to just a single glass a night, which will be better both financially and otherwise.

No comments: