Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday: a complete waste of a day

It’s hard to think I’ve only been here a week. It feels like forever - mostly in a positive way, but when I’m already melancholy, it just feels like I’ve been trapped here, same apartment, same routines, same three English TV stations, same people, same worries, same doubts, same thoughts over and over. I had a bad time yesterday afternoon: I called Hajni, and she was with Laura, driving her to Kalocsa to see Harpswell (Hajni was going there to see her dad). I have never thought of myself as a jealous person, particularly that petty, high-school brand of being jealous of other people’s friendships. But I have to say, the idea that people were meeting up, having fun without me, got me down. Then later, I was trying to get hold of Chad, unsuccessfully, so I ended up just walking around town, pissed at him, pissed in general.
All’s well that ends well, though: I ended up with Dan, Jess, Chad of course, and Agi and Geri, friends of Dan & Jess’s, at the Toilet Pub (it’s the same place we had our beer last night). Oh, I’m still so tired, it’s taken me almost half an hour to write these, what, two paragraphs. And I think I’m getting more and more incomprehensible. Wow, I can’t believe I spelled that right.
Okay, to continue after lunch and some Fanta. I have this horrible feeling like everything I drank the past week has left it’s traces in my bloodstream, like silt collecting until my blood and my body are sluggish and drunken. Oh, hell, I’m going to give up trying to write anything intelligent (or worth reading).
Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve given up watching Euronews, which repeats the same thing every half-hour, and am down to MTV and VH1. Both of which are rotting my brain. The hours when they just play music aren’t so bad, but the “shows,” and I use the word loosely, are so stupid and inane. And the commercials are all in strange languages, not Hungarian. Some are Hebrew, and some are Turkish, which makes me wonder where the station is based. Ohp, no, that line of thought is still too much for my little brain to handle. I wonder if Sudoko will fry all of my circuits. Probably.

No comments: